You may have cancelled a supplier invoice; but you have not seen any posting in accounting against the invoice.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to work center Suppler Invoicing.
2. Select Invoices and credit Memos view from the left pane.
3. Select All Documents from the show drop down list.
4. Find the document ID XXX.
5. You should be able to view the Document stated as,
a. Status: Posted
b. Document Type: Cancellation Invoice
c. Document ID: XXX
The reason you don’t see any posting against cancellation invoice XXX is that its parent invoice YYY is yet to be posted.
1. Go to the General Ledger work center.
2. Select the view Closing Cockpit and Click the radio button Closing-Relevant Tasks.
3. Enter the Source Document Id – XXX and select Go button.
4. You will get the task relevant to the document; now select the button View.
5. In the task you will get the below details.
The accounting period of the fiscal year is closed for postings usingthis closing step.
Either choose another closing step for which the accounting period is still open or choose another posting date to post to another open accounting period.
Now to proceed with the posting for document XXX follow the steps below.
6. Again select the view Closing Cockpit and select the radiobutton Source Document.
7. Select the source document type Supplier invoice and fill the parent invoice XXX.
8. Select the task relevant to invoice and click the button view Business transaction.
9. Now select the button Post or Post to Another period according to your requirement.
Once you finish the posting of invoice XXX follow the same steps for the cancellation invoice YYY.
This will solve the issue.
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To