- Exporting a report generates the file: CrystalReportViewer.pdf
- When exporting a Crystal Reports from Infoview, the default file name is "CrystalReportViewer" and not the actual report name.
- When exporting a report from Crystal Reports, the default file name is the report name.
- How to change the default file name to the report name when exporting a report from InfoView?
- BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.0
- BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Report, create a report and save it to BusinessObjects Enterprise.
- Log in to Infoview, and view the report.
- Export the report by clicking on the Export button in the toolbar.
- In the Export dialogue window, select the file format: PDF, and click on the button OK
- In the File Download window, click on the Save button
- In the Save As window, notice the default file name shown is: CrystalReportViewer.pdf
Note: You can change the file name at this point, but how to set the default file name to be the report name?
- This is the normal behavior when exporting a report from InfoView.
- An Enhancement Request has been logged under ID ADAPT01550068
- There is unfortunately no option to change the default file name when exporting a report from InfoView
- The suggestion is to manually type the desired file name when exporting the report from InfoView.
Crystal Reports, CR, CrystalReportViewer, Export, PDF, Infoview. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Product Enhancement