- SSO (Single Sign-on) for Live Office connection does not work in Xcelsius Designer during Preview.
- User is challenged with an authentication box when the model Preview is done.
- Xcelsius 2008 Enterprise
- BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Enable Windows AD SSO use in Live Office (see Reference section below).
- Insert a Web Intelligence document in Excel using Live Office.
- Import this Excel into Xcelsius.
- Go to Data Manager and map this Live Office connection. In Definition tab, set correct 'Session URL' and in Usage tab, set as 'Refresh Before Components Are Loaded'.
- Choose appropriate component to design a model based on Excel data.
- Preview this model, notice that authentication box pops-up. (SSO does not work)
- It is an expected behaviour to get the authentication box. Experience when clicking the 'Preview' is similar if this .SWF dashboard is exported locally onto Desktop and opened in a browser.
- Further, it is a limitation that Win AD SSO is not supported as a standard for SWF. In order to authenticate against the Enterprise, it is expected to give System Name, User Name, Password, Authentication Type information in the authentication box.
- Product Group is aware of this and may consider design enhancements in future release of the product.
Note: In Xcelsius, when you go to File > Export > SAP BusinessObjects Platform, in the authentication box type the "system name" and choose Authentication type as "Windows AD" and click on "OK" - it works if Win AD SSO is enabled. But this functionality and the workflow is different to that mentioned in the Symptom section in this Knowledge Base.
Other scenario when SSO should work:
- File > Open from Platform
- File > Save to Platform
cx, crystal, LDAP, kerberos, vintella, LO, dashboard, qaaws, dswsbobje, web service, webservice , KBA , BI-BIP-AUT , Authentication, ActiveDirectory, LDAP, SSO, Vintela , Problem