- The Euro (€) sign is displayed incorrectly in an Xcelsius dashboard despite showing correctly in the text file.
- A white square (□) is displayed instead.
Reproducing the Issue
- Select Data->Connection
- Create a new XML data connection
- Select text/xml as MIME type and insert the URL pointing to the source data .txt file
- Map the data output to the spreadsheet as required
- Create a new component in the dashboard to display the data
- Preview the dashboard
- The .txt file has been saved with ANSI encoding.
- Flash Player requires UTF-8 encoding to display the full character set
- Open the .txt file that feeds the data into the dashboard
- Select File->Save as...
- Scroll down to "UTF-8" in the "Encoding" selection drop-down menu.
- Save the file
- Reload the dashboard preview in Xcelsius.
eu symbol, charset, junk characters , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem
SAP BusinessObjects Xcelsius Enterprise 2008