You are trying to take action regarding time recordings, either in the Project Management work center or the Time Administration work center, when the system throws the below error message:
On MM/DD/YYYY partial day absences not allowed as no planned working time (where MM/DD/YYYY stands for a date in month-day-year format).
SAP Business ByDesign
Partial absences are not allowed if recorded on a public holiday (no planned working time). Partial day absences are identified on the maintained duration of the time recordig in the employee's time sheet.
This message might be raised even if the action (approval/release of time) being taken is not executed in the same date to which the error message refers — this is because these actions will trigger a valuation that covers all time behind the date in which the action is being taken, so it will catch any such occurrence that exists in the past.
System is working as designed.
There are several possibilities on how to handle this behavior:
1. Remove the duration of the vacation/leave entered on MM/DD/YYYY. The time will then be treated as a full-day absence on a public holiday and will not result in the error message, as full day absences will be paired with planned working time for that day and if there is no working time, the valuation will not take advantage of that vacation/leave.
2. Define a working time model for MM/DD/YYYY to get planned working time. The vacation will then be valuated/leave and the time account for holiday time will be updated.
3. Remove the recorded absence time as MM/DD/YYYY is a public holiday defined in holiday calendar. To see employee's recorded time:
- Go to the Time Administration work center.
- Select the Employees view.
- Select the employee and open his/her time file.
- Select the Employee Times tab and select the category Vacation or Leave and the corresponding date (MM/DD/YYYY) in the table view.
The time should appear there. Now the time administrator can delete the time entry.
3044983 - Error Message "Partial Day Absences Not Allowed as No Planned Working Time" When Trying to Book Leave
Partial absence not allowed, cannot release time, public holiday , KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , Product Enhancement