While creating a purchase order, you may see the below warning messages:
Jurisdiction Code missing in address of Company <xyz>; default state.
Item 1: Financial data in product <abc> is incomplete for company <xyz>.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders Work Center.
- Click on New Purchase Order under Common Tasks.
- In the opened window, fill in the required fields such as supplier ID, buying company XYZ, product ABC and so on.
- Click the button Check.
- It displays the warning message mentioned above.
Jurisdiction Code missing in address of Company XYZ; default state PQR.
The reason for warning message of Jurisdiction code is that you have not mantained the jurisdiction code in the address details of your company XYZ.
Financial data of Product <abc> is incomplete for company <xyz>.
The reason for the above warning message is that you have not activated the valuation of the product ABC for your company XYZ. Moreover, the account determination group is also not maintained for the material.
To maintain the jurisdiction code in the address details for your company:
- Go to the Work Center 'Organizational Management'.
- Go to Edit Org Structures sub-view.
- Select your company <xyz> in the graphical view or tabular view.
- Go to the tab Addresses.
- Select the hyperlink Additional Fields.
- A window for Main Address would pop-up.
- You would see a field Tax Jurisdiction Code
You need to fill the tax jurisdiction code details for your company.
To activate the valuation of the product ABC for company XYZ;
- Go to the Work Center Product Data
- Go to the View Materials.
- Select the product ABC.
- Click the button Edit.
- A new window would pop-up for the details of the material.
- Click the button View All
- Go to the tab Valuation.
- You would see that the status of the product is In Preparation against company XYZ
- Change the status of the material to Active and save it.
Moreover, account determination group is also not maintained for the material.
The account determination group is very important for direct material or stock material. Based on account determination group assigned, the G/L account is determined for stock material. The system has given warning message because no accounting is hit during the creation of purchase order. However, the system will not allow you to post the follow-on documents.
KBA , AP-POP , Purchase Order Processing , How To