At random times throughout the day, it can be observed that the CMS is using an unusually high amount of memory.
- In Enterprise XI 3.1, the 32-bit CMS may eventually reach the 2gb limit and crash and restart itself. In the Application Event Log, the CMS reports the error "unknown exception in database thread."
- In BI Platform 4.x, the 64-bit CMS may far exceed 2gb, but despite not crashing its memory consumption may be at a concerning level.
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
- SAP Business Intelligence Platform 4.x
- AIX, Solaris, Linux
This issue can be found in the following scenario:
- Crystal Reports templates and instances have several (hundred or thousand) static prompt values
- InfoObjects in the CMS system database are very large (~100k compressed)
- The system is very heavily utilized or has a batch schedule operation.
- A custom application to query for instance status is utilized.
CMS, Central Management Server, CentralManagementServer, crash, coredump, hang, restart, BThomas , KBA , BI-BIP-SRV , CMS / Auditing issues (excl. 3rd Party Authentication) , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.