- The Crystal Report Designer crashes abruptly.Report aborts abruptly in Crystal Report Designer.
- When the report is run, it accesses the database and disappears when the records are coming up in the report.
- Gives an error: ‘The request could not be submitted for background processing’ when the report is tested in Business Objects.
- Crystal Reports XI R2 SP2 FP2.5
- Business Objects Enterprise XI R2 SP2 FP2.5
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a report in Crystal Report designer.
- Run the report to access the database and retrieve the records.
- The section having the maximum data creates a problem.
- The section having groups is problematic.
- The group footer section having formula and running total fields is causing problem.
- Insert a new section below the corrupt section.
- Drag and drop all the objects from the corrupt section to this new section.
- Suppress or delete the corrupt section.
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports XI