- Error "Invalid keycode: You do not have the required keycode to run Encyclopedia" when opening Encyclopedia in Infoview
- Encyclopedia cannot be used
- Crystal Report Server 2008 V0
- Crystal Report Server 2008 V1
Reproducing the Issue
- From Infoview choose Open from the Menu bad > then choose Encyclopedia
- A panel will open on the right-hand side with the following message: "Invalid keycode: You do not have the required keycode to run Encyclopedia"
- Encyclopedia is an advanced capability included within Business Objects enterprise, in fact a Premium License for BOE is needed in order to use Encyclopedia.
- Crystal Reports Server is intended for small to medium sized organizations so Encyclopedia is not included as feature. Although, because Infoview is part of BOE, it shows the option of Encyclopedia even though it cannot be used (in CR Server within the CMC > Application > Encyclopedia is not included)
- This behaviour is by Design
- Enhancement Request ADAPT01382054 has been created in order to reduce confusion: end-users should not be given the option to choose Encyclopaedia, if the backend is CRS 2008 as it's only available for BOE.
KBA , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , BI-BIP , Business intelligence platform , Product Enhancement
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1