- Error: "Data could not be called up from database" is displayed while trying to preview a report.
- Incorrect SQL is generated for Outer join while creating Crystal Report using Informix database with ODBC connectivity
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Informix Dynamic Server 10
- Informix Dynamic Server 11
Reproducing the Issue
- Launch Crystal Report Designer appplication.
- Create a new blank report using ODBC connection for Informix database
- Drag the fields from 3 different tables which has Outer join link between them
- Now Preview the report, an error message pops up "Data could not be called up from database".
- Check the SQL. The SQL generated is incorrect for the outer join and the order of the joins is also wrong.
This issue was raised with the Product Group under the ADAPT01396396
The Adapt was rejected from the Product Group stating the below reasons:
The ODBC connection generates correct SQL for Outer Join with all other supported databases except of Informix, hence need to raise this with Informix
Use BOE/BI/Crystal Reports DataDirect for Infomix
Outer Join SQL, Informix ODBC connection , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed