- After selecting Web Services as data source, the web Service cannot be accessed
- The Port and Method are not populated and contain blank values
- Crystal Report XI Release 2
- Crystal Report 2008
Reproducing the Issue
- Launch Crystal Reports 2008
- From the Start Page, choose Report wizard, this will launch the Standard Report Creation
- Next expand Create New Connection, and scroll down to XML and Web Services and expand the folder.
- The XML and Web Services data source dialog box will appear. Choose Use Web Service Data Source and choose Next>.
- Choosing an HTTP Web Service >Use HTTP(S) WSDL
Note:After a moment or two, the Web Service, Port and Method screen should appear
If using the Crystal Reports 2008 XML & Web Services driver to connect either or HTTP or to a Web Service that is deployed outside the network and having a proxy in place, there may be some connection issues due to the proxy.
This can be resolved with a registry entry that specifies your proxy and the logon information required to connect to it.
A registry string value named JVMOptions needs to be created in one of the following locations depending on on the following:
- For personal Crystal Reports use, create the string value in your HKEY_CURRENT_USER here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports
- For common or server usage in BusinessObjects Enterprise, Edge or Crystal Reports Server, create the string value here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports
The JVMOptions string should have the following information:
Replace proxy_name, port, user_name and password with the appropriate information for your proxy server. Please contact your local IT department for more information.
Data source, connection , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem