- In Web Intelligence Report, use hierarchy node variables for the selection prompt
- If the underlying hierachies have the same description, hierarchies node variables of the second hierarchy is replaced by the hierarchy nodes of the first hierarchy in the selection prompt.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a SAP BI BEx query that includes a characteristics which has two hierachies with different technical ID but identical description.
- Create hierachy variable and hierachy node variable.
- Create a Universe from the BEx query, and create a Web Intelligence Report from the universe.
- Select hierarchies using BEx hierarchy variable, select the hierarchy nodes using the hierarchy node variable, notice that the hierarchy node variable in the selection option are identical for the 2 hierarchies of the characteristic
This issue is identified as a Critical Enhancement Request but not a bug because this functionality/behavior was never planned to be in the product when it was designed. It been adapted as ADAPT00962254.
- This critical enhancement request is scheduled to be addressed in Service Pack 4 (SP4) for BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 due approximately November 2010.
- The workaround for the issue is to change the two hierarchies with different descriptions.
KBA , BI-BIP-IK , Integration; Integration kits for SAP, Baan, PeopleSoft, Sie , Bug Filed