- PDF document file size is larger due to the fonts being embedded in the PDF document.
- How to not embed fonts when exporting a report to PDF format from Crystal Reports?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a report in Crystal Reports.
- Export the report to PDF format.
- Open the report in Adbobe PDF Reader, and notice all the fonts used in the report have been embedded in the PDF document.
- When exporting a report to PDF format, to ensure that a PDF file is truly portable, fonts used in the report are embedded in the PDF file.
- There is no option to selectively remove fonts from being embedded when exporting to PDF format from Crystal Reports, because a PDF document to be truly portable requires the fonts to be embeded, in order for the document looks the same way regarless of the environment in which it is open.
- Note: Some fonts will not be embeded in a document if the font developers does not allow it to be embeded, and therefore the font will be substitute by another font.
Export, PDF, embedding fonts, Crystal Reports, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Product Enhancement
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020