- Error: The instruction at “0x7c2821b2” referenced memory at “0x0000001c”. The memory could not be read”
- When closing a report in Crystal Reports, it generates the error: The memory could not be read, and Crystal Reports terminates
Crystal Reports XI Release 2
Crystal Reports 2008
Heat 9.01 from FrontRange Solutions
Reproducing the Issue
- Install Crystal Reports XI R2
- Install the software: Heat 9.01 from FrontRange Solutions, on the same computer
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report based off an ODBC connection to a Heat data source
- Upon closing the report, it generates the error: The Memory Could Not be Read, and Crystal Reports terminates
- Heat software uses Crystal Reports to generate reports, and install 2 user function libaries (UFL) that add additional functions to Crystal Reports.
- The following UFL installed by Heat software causes Crystal Reports to terminate when closing a report
Since the issue is related to Heat software, to resolve this issue perform one of the following suggestion:
Uninstall the Heat software where Crystal Reports is installed as the UFLs the Heat software installs causes the issue;
Create 2 empty text files with the name: U2LHFW.DLL, U2LGMFO.DLL, and replace the existing file on the computer.
If you are using the second suggestion, you can still use the Heat software on the same computer as Crystal Reports is installed, but be aware that if you are using reports from Heat software that use those UFLs, those reports will fail as the functions provided by those UFLs no longer exist. It will not impact any other Heat software functionalities.
Crystal Reports, CR, Heat, Memory Could Not be Read , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports XI R2