- Issue occurs with BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 (BOE)
- Program using BOE Java SDK schedules WebI documents to a user's Inbox or Favorites folder.
- Issue occurs when scheduling a Webi document to the BOE inbox to Excel or PDF format
- When trying to view the file, Excel reports the file as being corrupt.
- When trying to open the resulting PDF document, you get the error message "Adobe Reader could not open 'filename.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."
- Although the file appears to be an Excel/PDF document, the file retrieved from the FRS is a .wid.
- Looking at the document properties in the CMC, gives that the document is saved in wid format
In the favorites list:
In the CMC properties:
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Business Objects XI 3.1 SP 2 FP2.4
- Enterprise Java SDK
- Operating System: Windows 2003 SP2
- Java version: 1.6.x
- Tomcat version: 6.x
- Excel version: 2003
KBA , BI-DEV-JAV , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - Java , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.