Using Publication Extension Post Processing code attached to a report to change a parameter value and re-export the report. The parameter is a "non-data" parameter, meaning the database does not have to be re-queried to get new data - it's used by the report to conditionally change formatting.
The exported report does not recognize the new value for the parameter and renders the same as before.
- BusinessObjects Enterprise XI Release 2
- BusinessObjects Enterprise XI Release 3.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Write a Java jar file that implements IPublicationPostProcessingPlugin
- Get a report parameter and change its value
- When the report renders, the original value for the parameter will be used.
The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01319019.
This is caused by a known issue where saving a report client document during post processing causes it to purge the parameter values. After setting the current value of a "non-data" parameter in a report with saved data, the formula referencing the parameter isn't re-evaluated.
Note 1420593 - Error: "PubExtension threw an exception. (FBE60405)..."
publication extension post process processing report parameter ignore empty not set missing java , KBA , BI-DEV-JAV , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - Java , Bug Filed