Live Office toolbar options are disabled inside Xcelsius.
- Xcelsius 2008 Enterprise SP2
- Microsoft Office Version 2007
- BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
Reproducing the Issue
1. Open Xcelsius.
2. In the Spreadsheet section, navigate to Live Office -> Web Intelligence option.
3. Enter Login credentials to Business Objects Enterprise and import data from an existing Web Intelligence document.
4. Navigate to Live Office -> Object Properties. Same reflects the related Object/Report details.
5. Save and close the XLF file.
6. Re-open the aforesaid XLF file.
7. The Object Properties option in Live Office menu now reflects as disabled.
The above behavior is due to known issues with Microsoft Excel itself and technical limitations as confirmed by the Product Group and same is documented in "Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 2 Release Notes" guide (sp2_xcelsius_relnotes_en.pdf) which is available in http://help.sap.com/. Please refer to the following in the aforesaid guide:
Xcelsius 2008 and Live Office
The Live Office application may not provide the full functionality from within Xcelsius 2008 as is provided from within Microsoft Office applications. Some Live Office functions which are not supported from within Xcelsius 2008 are:
modifying Live Office object properties, including refresh options; opening published spreadsheets from BusinessObjects Enterprise; and publishing spreadsheets to BusinessObjects Enterprise. It is recommended to utilize Live Office functionality in Microsoft Excel, then import the Live Office-enabled spreadsheet into Xcelsius 2008.
Toolbar buttons disabled
The Refresh All and Go to Object buttons on the Live Office toolbar will not be enabled after inserting a Live Office object into the embedded spreadsheet within Xcelsius 2008.
Live Office toolbar disappears
Problem: Due to issues with Microsoft Excel itself, on rare occasions the Live Office toolbar may disappear from the Excel toolbars in Xcelsius 2008.
Workaround: If the toolbar has unexpectedly disappeared, the Live Office toolbar and menu can be re-enabled by running a Live Office utility. The utility can be found at Program Files\Business Objects\Live Office 12.0\enable_addin.exe.
Tip: The utility can re-enable the menu in Excel, as well as for Word, Outlook,PowerPoint.
Please utilize Live Office functionality in Microsoft Excel, then import the Live Office-enabled spreadsheet into Xcelsius 2008, rather than using Live Office toolbar directly within Xcelsius.
Unable to refresh File in XcelsiusRefresh options disabled in XcelsiusRefresh All option disabled in Xcelsius , KBA , BI-RA-XL , BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem