The contract item is not active for sourcing in a released contract.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
An item is not active for sourcing in a released contract and cannot be used as a source of supply.
Moreover, it also might be the case that the button 'Activate for sourcing' is disabled for such items.
If a contract item has a price as of the day on which it is released, then it is automatically activated for sourcing.
If it doesn’t have a price or the released date doesn’t fall in the price validity, then the item remains inactive for sourcing.
At a later point of time:
If a contract item was active for sourcing but after a few days, it has become inactive, then this means that the validity of the price is over.
Once the price validity is over, the system automatically deactivates the item for sourcing. In any case, the responsible user is notified of the price validity expiry through a BTM Task a few days before the price expires (Number of days is configurable).
- Go to the work center Sourcing and Contracting.
- Go to the view Contracts.
- Search for the relevant contract.
- Click edit.
- Go to the items tab.
- Select an item and go to the subtab prices.
- Set the valid to date to a date in the future.
- Now you can click on "Activate for Sourcing" and the item will become active.
contract, sourcing, not active for sourcing, , KBA , AP-PCP-PCT , Purchasing Contract , How To