- Database connection error: 'Function module: "/CRYSTAL/MDX_GET_STREAM_INFO" not found.'
- When attempting to create or refresh a report based off an SAP BW BEx Query in Crystal Reports, it generates the error.
"Database connection error: Function module /CRYSTAL/MDX_GET_STREAM_INFO not found."
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- SAP BW 7.40
- SAP BW 7.50
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, under the menu "SAP", select "Create New Report from a Query..."
- Logon to your SAP BW System.
- Select the SAP BW BEx Query.
- Add database fields on the report.
- When refreshing the report, it generates the error:
Database connection error: Function module /CRYSTAL/MDX_GET_STREAM_INFO not found
- Crystal Reports uses functions loaded on the SAP BW System to connect to SAP BW BEx Query.
- This error occur when the required SAP BW Integration Kit Transports are not loaded on the SAP BW server, or it is of an incorrect version.
- Load the SAP Integration Kit Transports files equal to the version of Crystal Reports to the SAP BW System. For the SAP BW BEx Query connectivity the transport required to be loaded is the MDX Query Connectivity transports.
- The SAP Integration Kit Transports that are required to load on your SAP System are located in Crystal Reports production installation and product update, therefore unzip the product installation package or product update corresponding to the version of Crystal Reports you are currently using.
- Navigate to the following folder: \Collaterals\Add-Ons\SAP\Transports
- In the folder, the following file contains the versions of the SAP Integration Kit Transports to load on your SAP System: transports_EN.txt
Below is an example of an extract of the content of the file displaying the version of the SAP Integration Kit Transports to load:
* Open SQL Connectivity transport (K900754.R21 and R900754.R21)
* Info Set Connectivity transport (K900780.r21 and R900780.r21)
* Row-level Security Definition transport (K900689.r21 and R900689.r21)
* Cluster Definition transport (K900690.r21 and R900690.r21)
* Authentication Helpers transport (K900691.r21 and R900691.r21)
* MDX Query Connectivity transports ( K900XXX.R72 and R900XXX.R72 )
- The Transport files to load are located in the following folders:
- Contact your SAP BASIS administrators to request them to load the SAP Integration Kit Transports on the SAP System.
For the SAP BW BEx Query connectivity the transport required to be loaded is the MDX Query Connectivity transports.
You do not have to load all the SAP Integration Kit Transports, but only those required for the type of connectivity used.
For more information, see the Transports chapter in the following document:
SAP BusinessObjects Integration for SAP Solutions Installation and Administration Guide
The document is in the attachement section of the SAP Knowledge Base Article: 1615056
CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020