- Vertical axis title in combination chart was cut off after exporting to swf or InfoView.
- When we export dashboard as SWF format and view in web browser(e.g Internet Explorer),the canvas size will be enlarged. At this moment, the vertical title(Y-Axis title) of column chart is cut and last several character can not be seen.
Reproducing the Issue
- open the attached report(demo-character.XLF), and export it, you will find the bug like attached pic(cutOff.jpg).
- create a simple dashboard
- use Combination Chart with 2 axis
- input 'testtesttest123' for those 2 axis, and set the Font of Vertical axis title to '10',
- export it to *.swf or InfoView
- About this issue, if you open the SWF file in stand-alone Adobe Flash Player or resize the browser window (to the size the SWF file won’t be scaled), it works properly as expected. The issue exists only when open the SWF in browser with scaling.
- The root cause is that the “textWidth” and “textHeight” of mx UITextField is not accurate when scaling in Adobe Flash Player, which leads to the sizing and alignment problems. This issue has been logged in Adobe bug system (http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-1090) already.
For this issue of Adobe, we will not be able to fix it.
Xcelsius, Combination Chart, Export, Resize , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem
SAP BusinessObjects Xcelsius Enterprise 2008