- Slow to preview Crystal Report.
- CR for .NET Windows application.
- Report has many images on each page (eg. more than 100 per page).
Note: This issue may also occur when printing and exporting a report.
- Visual Studio 2005
- Crystal Reports 2008 SP2
- Crystal Reports XI R2 SP6
Reproducing the Issue
- Design a Crystal Report with lots of pictures/images on each page.
- Use at least 200 images on one page of the report. The images can be small .png or .jpg files (2 or 5 kb).
- Preview the report using the CR .NET Windows form viewer control.
- The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01310287.
- The CrystalReportViewer requires an encapsulated page file (EPF) to render a page preview.
- The PEEngine is slow at producing EPF files when there are 100's of images on each page of a report.
- Limit the number of images used.
- Look to alternatives for images, like fonts. Wingding fonts can be used to represent icons instead.
- SAP BI developers have reviewed this problem report and rejected it as by design.
- The Crystal Reports .NET SDK is not efficient at handling lots of images on one page. This is a product limitation.
ADAPT01310287, 01310287, 1310287 , KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports XI R2