- Measure data type of 'Big Integer' from Microsoft Analysis Services cube displays correctly in the olap grid, but not in the OLAP chart associated with the grid.
- Microsoft Analysis Services 2005 / 2008
- Crystal Reports 2008 V0 / V1 / SP2
Reproducing the Issue
- Make sure the MSAS 2005 cube has at least one measure field of the data type Big Integer (BigInt).
- Create an OLAP report based on this cube.
- Select the BigInt measure (among others) as one of the displayed measures in the OALP grid.
- You will see the data for the BigInt measure correctly.
- Right click in the OLAP Grid and click on Insert chart.
- An OLAP chart is created in the report.
- You will see that the BigInt data type Measure doesn't show any values!
- When you go to Chart options and show the values in the chart, then all the BigInt values are '0'.
This is a product defect and has been raised as : Problem Report #ADAPT01312194
This issue has been addressed by Fix Pack 2.3 for Crystal Reports SP2.
Use different data type: i.e. Integer
MSAS 2005, OLAP, CR, BOE, TE 5000154277, technical escalation, 01312194, 1312194 , KBA , BI-RA-MD , OLAP Intelligence, multidimensional databases , Bug Filed