- When using a web service to write to the database in Xcelsius, instead of sending chinese characters, it sends ????
- Web services and Query As A Web Service (QaaWS) do not specify a charset when sending HTTP request
- Xcelsius 2008
Reproducing the Issue
Web services are based on C#ASP.net.
- Create Web services in such a way that it takes columns values as input parameters and
inserts the same as a new row in the database. Out of all these column values one column value is a Chinese
- When the webservice is invoked via browser it inserts Chinese character and displays it correctly.
- When the same web service is used in Xcelsius and refreshed it inserts the row but Chinese character
displays as “????”.
- This is a product defect: ADAPT01310497
- This issue is fixed in the next release of Xcelsius (4.0) planned for beginning of 2011
ADAPT01310497 1310497 SOAP encoding ANSII UTF8 UTF-8 charset Qaaws web service chinese ????? ??? , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem