The Gauge alerts appear to be incorrect when a new value is inserted into the component, regardless of having Auto Scale: Alert-based enabled.
Reproducing the Issue
- Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 1, Fixpack 3 (also applies to Service Pack 2)
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Windows XP Professional
- In the Xcelsius spreadsheet, create a few values that vary in size (ie. 100000, 9000, 320, 50) in a column.
- Add a list box to the canvas and link the labels to the column of values.
- Set the List box to insert labels into cell A1.
- a gauge and link data to cell A1.
- Choose Auto scale: Alert-based.
- Enable alerts from the Alert Tab.
- In Appearance>Text, make sure "limits" is checked.
- Notice the first value sets the scale and doesn't change with the other values of the list box.
Although "Auto-Scale: Alert Based" is enabled, the upper and lower limit of the gauge display remains fixed, causing new values considerably different in size to peg off the scale.
The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01282785.
gauge; auto scale; alert based; Xcelsius 2008; upper limit; lower limit , KBA , BI-RA-XL , BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Bug Filed