A supplier specific Lead Time for a particular product has been set up in the product master data. However the Supplier Lead Time is not taken into account when defaulting the Delivery Date for the item in a new Purchase Order.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
To maintain a supplier lead time on the product master:
- Go to the Product Portfolio work center.
- Go to the view Products -> By Materials.
- Find the relevant material and choose Edit.
- Go to the Purchasing tab.
- Go to the Supplier Part Number sub-tab.
- Maintain the Supplier and Supplier Lead Time fields.
To create a new purchase order for the material:
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Select the common task New Purchase Order.
- Enter the supplier defined previously.
- Select Add Row to add a line item.
- Select the item for which you maintained a Lead Time.
- The Delivery Date is defaulted but it does not take the Lead Time into account.
Supplier Lead Time is not used in a new purchase order created from scratch nor in material planning (work center Supply Planning). Moreover, during material planning, only the Procurement Lead Time on tab Planning of the material master data is considered to calculate the delivery date.
The Supplier Lead Time is considered for third-party order processing scenarios only, where you sell products directly from an external supplier, the system takes the supplier lead time into account to determine the order date.
KBA , AP-POP , Purchase Order Processing , How To