- Error : "The secEnterprise DLL could not be found or does not exist" while logging into Repository Explorer through Crystal Reports Developer.
- Error while saving the report to enterprise from Crystal Reports Developer.
- Installation of Crystal Reports developer is corrupted and hence the Auth Plugins are not register under registry\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Enterprise\Auth Plugins
- The secEnterprise DLL is not registered.
Try to register the secEnterprise.dll through:
Start>Run>regsvr32 "<installation drive>\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\plugins\auth\secEnterprise\
If registering the DLL, does not help then reinstall the Crystal Reports developer.
To reinstall the developer:
- Then install the developer.
CR, log in error, KBA , BI-BIP-DEP , Webapp Deployment, Networking, Vulnerabilities, Webservices , Problem