A Crystal Reports line chart that uses area to represent the series, doesn't show all the areas.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Crystal Reports report containing at least 2 quantity fields (I.E sales price) and one date field.
- Create a line chart.
- in the Chart Expert data panel insert the date field under "on change of" and the quantity under "Show values(s)".
- In the "Show value(s) panel place the larger (higher value) quantity field last
- When the chart is displayed right click with the mouse on the series and choose "Series Options.." from the pop up menu.
- In the Series Options under the tab "Appearance" choose Area as the value of the "Selected Series".
- The chart will show only the area representing the larger quantity
- Crystal Reports XI R2
- Crystal Reports 2008
The issue is caused by the chart rendering algorithm.
Escalations for this issue will be rejected as it is an expected behaviour which depends on the rendering algorithm.
Changes to the rendering algorithm will affect other part of the product.
Charting, RPT, Crystal Designer, overlapping. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem