- Crystal reports are with Dynamic Cascading Parameters of multiple select type.
- After promoting the report using Life Cycle Manager tool no values are dispalyed to select from the parameter list.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Crystal report in Crystal reports 2008 based on Xtreme Sample database.
- Create Dynamic Cascading Parameters on Country, Region and City.
- Include these parameters in the Record Selection formula.
- Save the report to Enterprise Repository using Save As option in Crystal report.
- Open the LifeCycle Manager tool.
- Create job to promote this report to another Enterprise System.
- Go Manage Dependencies and check the dependent Business View and List of Values.
- Apply and close this window.
- View the report using Web (no downloading required) viewer.
- Notice that the Selected Values box appears on the left hand side and does not give an option to select the values.
Environment Details: -
- Cystal reports 2008 Service Pack 1.
- BusinessObjects Enterprise 3.1 Service Pack 1.
- BusinessObjects Enterprise LifeCycle Manager
The fix for this behavior will be available in the future Service Pack.
Recreate the cascading parameters in the new system and run the report. This however will cause duplicate business views and list of values in Business Views Manager.
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed