- Using OLE DB or ODBC and MDAC database connector.
- Crystal Reports 2008 designer shows TimeType ( Time(7) ) as a string field.
- Crystal Reports 2011 does not show the field in the data explorer when using the OLE DB Native 10 provider. ODBC does show the Time field.
- Crystal Reports XI R2
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Crystal Reports 2011
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new report selecting OLE DB and Native 10 client driver.
- Add the table that includes the Time field using the Database wizard.
- Expand the fields in the field list and note the Time field is string type.
- For ODBC Create a System DSN using the Native Driver and the same results, string type.
- For CR 2011 ODBC does return the correct field type, OLE DB is still an issue.
- MDAC does not support MS SQL Server 2008 Native driver.
- MS OLE DB Provider does not return the correct field type descriptor to Crystal Report Designer.
- The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01285561.
- From the Install CD for MS SQL Server 2008 you need to install the client on the same PC as Crystal Reports.
- In OLE DB connection wizard you will now see "SQL Server Native Client 10.0" in the list of drivers when and when creating a new System DSN.
- Note: MS OLE DB provider has issue with this field type.
- Crystal Reports 2011 does allow you to use Time field type through ODBC only. OLE DB still has the issue.
Convert your reports to ODBC and the issue is resolved.
MS SQL Server 2008, SQL Server Native Client 10.0, TimeType, Time(7), CR XI R2, CR 2008, CR 2011, ODBC , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To