Unable to refresh a report via Crystal Report Viewer 2008, though the sub report refreshes without any problem.
Error message: Unable to Refresh Report a problem occurred while refreshing on the server. The report may not be configured properly for refresh. Please contact your server administrator.
As the crystal report viewer is an off line viewer and need to have report with saved data in enterprise.
1. Open the report in crystal designer and refresh the report.
2. Click on File—Save as---To Enterprise and Replace the Report with saved data option.
3. Open the crystal reports viewer and run the report.
If the report still prompts for the same error then
4. Open the report in crystal designer and refresh the report, check if it process till the last page of the report.
5. If the report doesn’t process till last page then Verify the report, if it consists of any sub reports and placed correctly, it would prompt as: Page size is not enough and large memory cannot be displayed then.
6. Then replace the location of sub report in the main report
7. Run the report till the last page displays and saved the report to Enterprise.
8. Open Crystal Reports Viewer 2008 and run the report.
9. Report works fine.
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem