When a user opens a file (Word document, excel spreadsheet, etc) the application reports the file being locked by another user instead of the user that actually has it open.
- Crystal Reports 9, 10, XI, XI R2
- Microsoft Windows XP.
This is a normal behavior. If the file is open on another machine it can be opened in Read-Only mode. To do any modification on the file close the file open on the other system.
- Right click on My Computer.
- Select Manage, expand Shared Folders.
- Click on Open Files. A list of files on the server will be displayed those are currently opened on other computers on the network. This will help to identify the user who has opened the file.
- Click on Sessions to see which computer(s) that user is connecting from.
unable to open, read only. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To