- Date Time prompt.
- Prompts for Date Time when expecting a Date prompt.
- When refreshing a report based off a Universe in Crystal Reports, it prompts for a Date Time, despite it is defined as a date in the Universe.
- Crystal Reports XI R2
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Universe Designer, create a Universe off any data source with a dimension of data type: Date.
- Export the Universe to the BusinessObjects Enterprise Repository.
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off the Universe created, and in the filter, add a prompt on the Date dimension.
- When refreshing the report, it prompts to enter a Date Time, despite it is defined has a Date in the Universe.
- This is situation was tracked under ADAPT00735266, and confirmed by the product developer to be normal behavior.
- To display a date prompt in Crystal Reports, add the database name or DSN name in the registry key: useDateInsteadOfDateTime:
WARNING The following resolution involves editing the Microsoft Registry. Using the MS Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the MS Registry Editor at your own risk. For more information see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322
- If you are using Crystal Reports XI R2, dowload and install Service Pack 6 or above.
- Open the Microsoft Registry Editor, by typing: regedit
( Note: It is recommended to backup the registry before making any modification. )
- In the Microsoft Registry Editor, go to the following path corresponding to the version of Crystal Reports used:
- For Crystal Reports XI 2:
- HKLM/Software/Business Objects/Suite 11.5/Crystal Reports/Database/
- For Crystal Reports 2008:
- HKLM/Software/Business Objects/Suite 12.0/Crystal Reports/Database/
- For Crystal Reports 2011, 2013, 2016
- HKLM/Software/SAP Business Objects/Suite XI 4.0/Crystal Reports/Database/
- Notes: If you are using a 64bit version of Microsoft Windows, the path for the registry will be like
( Note: if the registry key already exist, go to next step )
- For Native Connection to a database, add the database name the Universe points to; or
- For a Universe connecting to a database via an ODBC Connection, add the ODBC DSN name.
Note: If the Universe object is actually a prompt defined in the Universe, ensure the Date Prompt is formatted in the date format: MM/DD/YYYY
Date prompt , Universe date prompt, Teradata, Connectivity, "Failed to retrieve data from database", "Invalid operation for DateTime or Interval", filter , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed