- Data truncated.
- Text truncated when exporting to RTF.
- Some text are cut off on the right side when exporting a report to RTF format from Crystal Reports.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Add at least one database fields to the report.
- Export the report to RTF format.
Notice some of the data is truncated on the right, but the same data can be viewed in Crystal Reports.
- This issue occurs when exporting to RTF format because the text is longer than the size of the object defined in the RTF document generated.
- This issue has been tracked under ADAPT01186225
- To ensure text are not truncated when exporting to RTF format, you can set the field length on the report to be larger than the maximum number of characters the database field will display on the report.
- From Crystal Reports 2008 with Fix Pack 1.5 and above, it is possible to set the registry key: ReduceFontSizeBy, to reduce the font of the text when exporting to RTF format, which will therefore avoid truncating the text.
WARNING - The following resolution involves editing the Registry. Using the MS Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the MS Registry Editor at your own risk. It is strongly recommended that you make a backup copy of the registry before editing it. For more information, refer to the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322
- Open the Microsoft Registry Editor. ( regedit )
- Naviagate to the following path:
- For Crystal Reports 2008
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\Export\RTF
- For Crystal Reports 2011, 2013, 2016
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\Export\RTF
CR, RTF Export , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed