- In Live Office (LO) (and subsequently Xcelsius and QAAWS), when importing Webintelligence reports based on a translated universe (using Universe Translation Manager - UTM), the report is not immediately available in the language of the Preferred Viewing Locale when importing it.
- Only after refreshing the report, the object names translated into the preferred language.
- Business Objects XI 3.x
- Live Office XI 3.x
- Xcelsus 2008
- Query as a Web Service XI 3.x
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Webintelligence report based on a demo universe translated with the UTM
- Use Live Office to import the Webintelligence report into the excel file.
- In Live Office the name of the original universe objects (NameOf() variables) are not translated regardless of the language selected in "Preferred Viewing Locale".
- However after refreshing the report, the object names are translated correctly.
- This is by design. LiveOffice has not been specifically designed to interact directly with the Translation manager.
- All what Live Office does is import the saved report from InfoView.
- It doesn't do the same checks as Web Intelligence when opening a report to establish whether there is an alternative translated version available.
- Only when refreshing the report in Live Office do the checks get done and the translated names are imported. In effect, the report is refreshed in Infoview and passed on to LO.
- Enhancement Request ADAPT01259160 has been created.
- However it is a complex change to make and it would require important modifications in the code which could impact other parts of the product suite.
- Currently there is no commitment to implementing this new feature request.
- Refresh the report in Live Office in order to import the translated names
- Refresh the report in Infoview with the required Preferred Viewing Locale and save the report as a new file (re-named to indicate the language for users) containing the translated data. Users can then import this directly into Live Office in their required language.
Webi, Infoview, maintain, traduction, incorrect, not working, XI31, QAAWS; wrong; incorrect; lost; dropped , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Product Enhancement