What are the steps to create a Query As A Web Service from Crystal Report?
- BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
- Crystal Reports Designer 2008
Create a Crystal Reports from Database using drivers (ODBC/OLEDB/Native connection)
Run the Report -> Go to Database -> Show SQL Query.
Copy the SQL
Convert the SQL to Stored Procedure.
In Universe Designer:
In BOXI 3.1, Using Stored Procedure create a Universe in Designer.
Save the universe
Export it to repository
In Query as a Web Service:
- Login to QAAWS
- Go to Query -> New -> Query
- Give the Query Name -> click on Next
- Select the Universe -> click on Next.
- Drag and drop the objects in to Result Objects -> click on Next
- Click on Publish. WSDL URL will generate.
- Double click on ‘To Clipboard’
- Copy the URL in the notepad.
In Crystal Reports Designer:
Create a new CR 2008 report using the Standard Report Creation Wizard.
Select the option XML and Web Services. It will prompt to select XML as a local data source or Web Service Data source.
Select Web Service Data Source.
Next prompt would be for selecting the Local WSDL file or HTTP WSDL file which comes as a URL.
Select Http WSDL file which is stored on your local machine.
Once finished, the service, port and method will appear in WSDL file.
The connection is ready with WSDL file as a web service data source.
Once finished, it will prompt for the values.
Crystal Reports,QAAWS. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To