Changes to the Webintelligence part integrated in an Excel file via Live Office (LO) have to be manually propagated to an Xcelsius dashboard by re-importing the Excel file in the Xcelsius model and re-applying mappings and formulas.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a new Excel file
- Go to LiveOffice/Insert/New Query
- Logon to BusinessObjects Enterprise
- Create a query based on the demo universe ‘Island Resorts Marketing’ with the objects: Country, Resort and Service Line
- Insert the query results in the Excel file
- Save the Excel file as ‘demo.xls’
- Open an Xcelsius dashboard
- Import the Excel file ‘demo.xls’ in the Xcelsius dashboard
- Add a Live Office connection by going to Data/Connections/Add/Live Office connections to refresh the data of the Xcelsius dashboard
- Save the Xcelsius dashboard
- Open again the file ‘demo.xls’ in order to add another object to the previous query
- Go to LiveOffice/Modify Object/Edit Universe Query
- Add the object ‘Service’
- Save the demo.xls file with the new object 'Service'
- Open the Xcelsius model -> the new object ‘Service’ is not shown in the Excel file demo.xls when you refresh the data using the Live Office connection
- Xcelsius 2008
- Live Office XI R2 and R3.1
The integration between Live Office and Xcelsius application is limited to the 'Refresh' functionality
Enhancement Request ADAPT01161470 has been created.
The new Excel file containing the added column needs to be re-imported in the Xcelsius model in order to include the modifications and any mappings and formulas between the Excel file and the Xcelsius model re-applied.
Spreadsheet, webi , KBA , BI-RA-XL , BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Product Enhancement