How to connect data source in Xcelsius?
- SAP BusinessObjects Xcelsius Enterprise 2008
- SAP Live Office
- Microsoft Office Excel
- Use LiveOffice which is able to import Universe query, WebI or CR to Excel.
- Create a universe for the data source
- Create a Web Intelligence report, or Crystal Report with this universe.
- Open Excel, click LiveOffice, insert the report into Excel, select the fields from the report which should be inserted in Excel and click Next, then finish and refresh the data into the Excel file.
- Open Xcelsius 2008, click import spreedsheet.
- Import the Excel file in Xcelsius 2008, and use it as the Xcelsius speedsheet.
- Or, you can use a QaaWS as data connection to connect a universe query, hence you can connect Oracle or other dynamic data.
- Create a universe with the data source to access.
- Click Start -> All Programs -> BusinessObjects XI3.1 -> BusinessObjects Enterprise -> Query as a Web Service.
- Create a new QaaWS connection with the universe created, and copy the link of the new created QaaWS.
- Open Xcelsius 2008.
- Click Manage Connections, add a new QaaWS connection in Data Manager dialog, paste the link into the QaaWS connction, fill the logon information for access BusinessObjects Enterprise, and choose the Excel cells to place the data.
Excel Query as a Web Service How-to , KBA , BI-RA-XL , BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , How To
SAP BusinessObjects Xcelsius Enterprise 2008