In Crystal report, If we have 2 queries from same universe, when we link them at in Crystal Report the FULL OUTER JOIN option is greyed out.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Crystal Report based off a universe using two queries of the same universe.
- When we try to join two queries the Full Outer Join is Greyed out.
- The Universe joins are defined in the Universe.
- In CR we only have the SQL query and not enough information to perform a full outer join.
- the ability to use Full Outer Joins even in the universe is driver dependent- some drivers can relay that and some are not outer join capable
In order to get a full outer join functionality in Crystal, it should be defined at the Universe level. It is not possible in Crystal Designer.
If it is not possible in the designer:
- Open Designer
- Import the universe
- GO to file parameters
- On the Parameters Tab change the value for the ANSI92 argument to "yes" then click OK
- Save the Universe
- save the universe and export it back
Crystal Reports, Universe, Full Outer Join, XI 3, XI 3.1 XI R2, XI 3.x, ANSI92 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem