When a DSN-less connection is created, the database password is saved with the report and can be seen in the "Set datasource location" menu, under "Properties"
Reproducing the Issue
- Start a new report. Click on "Create new Connection" Choose ODBC (RDO) Enable: "Enter Connection String"
- Enter a Connection String a password such as:
- Do NOT click the <Next> button, rather click the <Finish> button You will not be asked to log on and will be able to choose a table from the
- Click on the <Finish> button
- Go to the Database menu and select "Set datasource location"
- Expand the "Property" icon and see that the password is saved in the report
- This behavior has been confirmed in CR XI R1 (11.0), CR XI R2 (11.5) and CR 2008 (12.0) SP0 and SP1
This is by design. It is up to the author of the report to ensure that the DSN-less string does not contain the database password.
KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , How To