- When refreshing an xlf dashboard using rss fed from a web site with Hebrew content, the Hebrew characters are not displayed correctly.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open an xlf file
- Check Properties/Text tab/Labels equal to Arial(Hebrew)
- Check the Data Manager in the Definition tab there is a link to an Hebrew website (http://www.ynet.co.il)
- Click on Preview
- Wait few seconds as per time set up in the Refresh Options for the dashboard to refresh
- The dashboard changes but shows gibberish characters instead of Hebrew characters
- Xcelsius 2008
- The issue is caused by third party Adobe Flash Player which seems to display incorrectly an XML file containing Hebrew text.
- The incoming XML from the Israeli web site uses the Windows Hebrew encoding charset “Windows-1255” and Flash Player is not able to display correctly when this specific charset is used in the header of the xml.
- Change the encoding from ‘windows-1255’ to ‘utf-8’ but this is out of Business Objects hands
KBA , BI-RA-XL , BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem
SAP BusinessObjects Xcelsius Enterprise 2008