Dates appear in 'YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS' after selecting regional settings other than English (United States) in Crystal Reports.
Reproducing the Issue
- Click on Start button of Windows Operating system
- Go to Control Panel
- Open Regional and Language Options.
- In Regional Options tab, select English (Australia).
- Notice the Short date fromat. (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Click on "OK" button.
- Open Crystal reports XI Release 2.
- Create a new report.
- Include a table which has a date-time field.
- Create a Date-Time parameter. (Static or Dynamic)
- Place the parameter in the report header.
- Refresh the report and notice the format of date displayed.
Crystal reports XI Release 2
- This feature is not available in the product. Date data is stored in fixed-length fields of Seven Bytes each, corresponding to century, year, month, day, hour, minute, and second.
- When we create Dynamic Prompts or Static Prompts, it will take time as well from the database, because the query that is run is directly from database without any date formatting. Hence, a native format of date is disaplayed instead of formatted date.
Date format in parameters, Date format, regional settings. CR XI R2 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To