- Japanese characters display as strange characters in PDF document
- When exporting a report that contains Japanese characters from Crystal Reports to PDF format, the generated PDF document displays incorrect characters.
- Crystal Reports 8.5
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, open a report containing Japanese characters.
- Export the report to PDF format.
- When opening the generated PDF document, notice it displays strange characters instead of Japanese characters.
- The PDF exporting driver in Crystal Reports 8.5 only supports latin character set.
- Export the report to PDF format in Crystal Reports 9 or above, as the PDF exporting driver has been updated to support unicode characters, which by consequant support Japanese characters.
CR, Crystal Reports 8.5, CR 8.5 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 8.5