In the Financial Statement report, the Income from Operations values and all other income values, such as Net Revenue, Gross Revenue, Operating Profit and Gross Profit, are displayed negatively while all Cost of Goods Sold values show a positive figure.
The expectation is that if the Switch +/-Sign field is ticked for the financial reporting structure item, it should reverse the sign of the respective amount in the financial statement report.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Viewing the report:
- In the General Ledger workcenter navigate to the Report view.
- Choose the Financial Statements report.
- In the Edit Selection tab, select the respective financial reporting structure and click Go.
- You notice that the Income from Operations values on the report, and, in fact, all other income values (such as Net Revenue, Gross profit etc.) are displayed negative, and that all Cost of Goods Sold values are positive.
- But you expected them to appear the other way around as you have ticket the Switch +/- sign box for these items in the financial reporting structure:
Financial Reporting Structure Settings:
- Navigate to the Business Configuration workcenter and there to the Implementation Projects view and open the Activity List.
- Choose the Fine-Tune phase and find the activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Open this activity and then choose Edit financial reporting structures.
- Select a structure of type Income Statement and click Edit or View.
- For all income related items, such as Operating Profit, Gross Profit, Net Revenue or Gross Revenue you tick the box in the Switch +/-Sign column.
- Click OK and then Save and Close.
- The expectation is that in the Financial Statement report all income related items are displayed positively and all cost related items are displayed negatively.
- Instead, the setting has no influence on the figures in the report.
The Switch +/- Sign feature is not available in analytical reports but is only intended for Statutory Reports.
- In the General Ledger workcenter navigate to the Periodic Tasks view and select the subview Statutory Reports.
- To create an income statement report, click the link Balance Sheet and Income Statement report.
- Here you can create your report according to your own requirements.
Switch +/- Sign; financial reporting structure; analytical reports; statutory reports , KBA , financial reporting structure , switch +/- sign , analytical reports , statutory reports , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To