- Cannot use XI_@variable('BOUSER') when defining a connection
- Error:"Connection Failed" is thrown
Reproducing the Issue
1. Create a Crystal Report based on a Business Objects universe
2. Use an ODBC connection to Teradata
3. Name the connection XI_@variable('BOUSER')
4. Test the connection
Crystal Reports XI Release 2 (CR XIR2)
The string "XI_@variable('BOUSER')" is not recognised in Crystal Reports.
This issue has been raised as a Critical Enhancement Request (Technical Escalation ID is 5000046261) but have been rejected, reason being that it happens by design.
Currently there is no resolution.
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Product Enhancement