- Can a report based on a Business Views be viewed in Crystal Reports Viewer?
- What are the differences between Crystal Reports, and Crystal Reports Viewer?
- Can an old report created in Crystal Reports with saved data be viewed in Crystal Reports Viewer?
- What are the limitations of Crystal Reports Viewer, when viewing a report created in Crystal Reports?
- SAP Crystal Reports Viewer 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports Viewer 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports Viewer 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports Viewer 2020
- Crystal Reports Viewer is a free standalone application for Crystal Reports, in which you can:
- View report with saved data, and
- Refresh reports stored on the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise Repository.
(Note: Report is refreshed on the SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform, and not in Crystal Reports Viewer, as the tool does not have the functionality to refresh reports.)
- Below is a list of some of Crystal Reports Viewer limitations and differences:
- Reports based on Business Views, Universe, Crystal Dictionaries and Crystal Queries are not supported.
- Reports that uses User Function Library UFL in formula cannot be viewed.
- Map will not display.
- Dynamic Parameters is not supported, and will either display a static list of values or no values.
- Optional parameters will show as Mandatory parameter.
- Text are rendered slightly differently, which can result in differences in report formatting.
- Printer associated with the report is not used to format the report in Crystal Reports Viewer, which can lead to differences in report formatting.
( Tips: Set the report to use "No Printer" in Crystal Reports to obtain similar report formatting. )
- For a complete list of Crystal Reports Viewer known limitations, and differences, see the following documents:
- Crystal Reports Viewer Release Notes and Limitations
( File name: crviewer_difference_001.pdf, avaiable in the Attachments section below )
- SAP Crystal Reports Viewer Differences Guide
( File name: crviewer_difference_002.pdf, avaiable in the Attachments section below )
The attached documents were written for older versions of Crystal Reports Viewer, but the information regarding the limitations and differences are still valid with the latest version of Crystal Reports Viewer.
Cystal report viewer 2008, release note, business view manager , KBA , BI-RA-CRV , SAP Crystal Reports Viewer , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports Viewer 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports viewer 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports viewer 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports viewer 2020