- In Crystal Reports 8.5 we are able to link fields with two different data types.
- When we try to link the fields with two different data types in new version of Crystal Reports we get a warning message.
Data types are not compatible.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new report.
- Select two tables under ‘Database Expert’ -> ‘Selected Tables:’.
- Try to link two fields with different data types.
- When you open the report which is created in Crystal Reports 8.5 in Crystal Reports 2008 you will be able to work with the report.
- However, when you create a new report or delete the link and create a new link between two fields with different data types, it will give the warning message as it is no longer supported.
datatypes, linking, CR2008, CR 8.5 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; SAP Crystal Reports XI ; SAP Crystal Reports XI R2