- How to increase the batch size?
- When reporting off Salesforce.com in Crystal Reports, how to increase the number of records read per batch?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- To increase the batch look-up value for reports that are connecting to Salesforce.com from Crystal Reports, increase the value of the option "BatchLookupCacheJoinSize" in the CRConfig.xml file:
- Navigate to the CRConfig.xml file, which is by default at the following location:
- For Crystal Reports 2008:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java
- For Crystal Reports 2011:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\
- Open the CRConfig.xml file in a text editor, like: Notepad.
- Modify the value for the option "BatchLookupCacheJoinSize" located under the <SForce> section of the XML file:
Below is an example of how the xml file after teh batch size was increased to 5000:
- Save the file, and restart Crystal Reports.
The option: BatchLookupCacheJoinSize, impact the Salesforce Query string sent to Salesforce.com. (SOQL) If you get an error that suggests the query has timed out on the server size or the query string is too long, please try to reduce this value. The reason is that Salesforce.com has two restrictions on the SOQL query string.
- Salesforce.com Queries that take longer than two minutes to process will be timed out.
- SOQL statements cannot exceed 10,000 characters.
Sforce, configure, batch look-up value, salesforce.com, SFDC , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011