- Error: Query Locator time out
- When refreshing a report based on a Salesforce.com data source in Crystal Reports, it fails with the error:
"Query Locator Time out"
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- When joining large-sized Salesforce.com tables in Crystal Reports, you may run into a query locator time out error.
- The query locator is a server-side cursor generated by Salesforce.com and is used to navigate the query result.
- The Salesforce.com cursor will expire in 15 minutes of inactivity. For more information see the Salesforce.com Knowldege Article 4410
- If you run into the query locator time out error, it is recommended to add filters into your report to reduce the amount of records you fetch from Salesforce.com.
- For information on how to design a report to improve performance, see the following SAP Knowledge Base Article:
1294497 - How to improve report performance when reporting off Salesforce.com in Crystal Reports?
SFDC, Sforce, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016