While printing Crystal Report from designer it gives error "CSPRINTDLG.dll".
- Crystal Reports 2008 SP3
- SQL Server 2005
- Windows XP SP3
Reproducing the Issue
- Create the Crystal Report using Xtreme Sample Database
- Click on File from Menu bar
- Click on print and Crystal Reports designer throws error
- There is problem in CRPRINTDLG.dll of Crystal Reports designer
- CR 2008 SP1 is officially tested with Windows XP Service Pack 2 and it gives the above warning on Windows XP Service Pack 3
This error is observed on some of the machines. Though the reason behind is not identified below steps have resolved it.
This is resolved by below two methods
Resolution 1: Replacing the DLLs
- Identify on which machine the reports are working fine and go the below location
C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\crystalreportviewers12\ActiveXControls\
2. And find the csprintdlg.dll
3. Go to below location and find csprintdlg_res_en.dll
C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0 \win32_x86\
4. Copy these DLLs and paste them to the corresponding location on the machine where problem appears.
Uninstall the Crystal Reports and then install the product.
Delete Temp folder:
If all the above resolution does not work then we have the following workaround:
Export the Crystal Reports in PDF format and print the report.
Print Crystal Report , KBA , BI-RA-CR-DSL , Crystal Reports on C++ Data Semantic Layer (ClassicUniverse) , Problem