- Text field object of Crystal Report formatted with Line Spacing as "Multiple" with "1" time normal spacing.
- The Line spacing is narrower than expected when report is viewed in DHTML or Advance DHTML viewer.
- This behavior also appears when report is exported as HTML 4.0 / PDF from Designer and from ActiveX viewer.
- The DHTML viewer renders the line spacing by specifying CSS Style i.e. line spacing set to Multiple and "line spacing: 1.0".
- Line Spacing is shorter in Internet Explorer / Fire Fox because CSS Style will cause line spacing 1.0 time the current font setting.
- Open your report in Crystal Report Designer.
- Go to ‘Insert Menu".
- Select "Text Object" and insert it in your report.
- Right Click on "Text Object", select "Text Formatting".
- You will get another wizard for formatting.
- Select "Paragraph" tab and go to Spacing section.
- Use "Exact" setting for Line Spacing.
- Give explicit size. For e.g. If you set "Exact" to "10", then the style becomes "line spacing: 10px;" and the line spacing is correct.
- Do not use "Multiple" setting for Line Spacing.
Line Spacing, Text Formatting , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports XI R2